PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Instructor or Airline Pilot????
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 09:48
jerezflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Flying Instructor or Airline Pilot????

Thanks everyone for your input - very informative and usefull in my decision making process. I will certainly take it all on board......

I am under no ilusion that if I get a frozen ATPL I will be successful at changing careers, at best as a turboprop FO. Likewise, I realise that just doing a basic CPL+FI will allow not me to change careers - simply not finacially viable.
However, like most of us, having a passion for aviation I have the habbit of talking people to death about flying and basically I "come alive" if aviation is mentioned in conversation, so I imagine I could make a very enthuisiastic instructor (maybe even a good one!!), but unfortunately not as a full time career, but part-time only at weekends. This way I would let my current career pay the bills and keep the family and bank account relitavely happy.
Perhaps this is the way to go for me, at least I won't be paying to fly, but recieving a small reward for it. Does anybody else do this?

I would do my CPL ground and flight training in UK, but my FI in Spain which is were I live and would eventually instruct.

Thanks again for all of you views and advice - positive and negative.

jerezflyer