PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British (Rentokil) Airways
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 09:42
Cornflake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: British (Rentokil) Airways

I know we have a big deficit as well, though peanuts compared to the NAPS one I believe. However, talking to our BALPA guys, I understand that ourdeficit is proportionately bigger than the NAPS one. I think the figures are about 9 million quid short, with the Company having failed to put in any extra. They have already imposed a contribution increase on us, back in around 97 I think, when we had to increase our subs by 1% to hang onto the same benefits, so I guess more of the same is on the way - that would still be better than no scheme at all. I don't think the two schemes could legally be joined anyway, but the actions taken by management to the one may very well carry over to the other - hence the requirement for a united front.
TLP, hope we continue to hear from you, and good luck with your new job!

Tandem - glad you voted to strike to protect it - if we had done the same when the scheme was closed to new joiners, I am sure we would also still have it around - the stupid thing is that it actually costs more to close a scheme to new joiners than to keep it open, because uyear on year the average member age increases, which means there are less of us and a greater disparity between active contributing members and the lucky pensioners!!