PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Dump Drunken Passenger on Island ( Merged)
Old 4th Jan 2006, 09:15
Full Emergency

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Monarch Dump Drunken Passenger on Island ( Merged)

Originally Posted by Whiskey Zulu
Engineer, the 'individual' would not be charged by the local authority because the offense was commited in the air on a British registered a/c. The juristiction for prosecution therefore lies with the UK criminal justice system.
Not always. It depends on what local offences that he committed whilst the doors were open.

An a/c is only deemed that countries soverinty for things like child-birth and other legislation issues. Once the plane is 'wheels down' then is falls under the juristriction of the country that it is in.

Whilst your wondering what I am saying think about this. If the British police were after an American citizen at an airport, from what you are saying all they would have to do is get on a US registered plane and then we can't touch him? Thats a big negative. I might need the 'commander' of the aircrafts permission to go on and get him in non-pursiut/emergency situations, but I still have a power to board if an offence under the ANO has/is being committed.

Further to that if a FAM shot a male on a US registered plane and it landed at LHR, it would be investigated by the UK police at that airport in conjunction with the US Federal Government. Hopefully the IPCC wouldn't get involved....

FE