PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM or Jetstar?????
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 07:38
Iguanahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MAM or Jetstar?????

Hi andie,

OK here goes ( I hope I don't forget any of the questions ).

There are bidding pools which are rotated so that every month a diffferent pool gets a turn at being the most senior. It depends as to what you're bidding for as to whether you get it. Some like weekends, some parents like earlies, or weekdays off etc., some crew are studying and need Uni days etc. Really everybody wants something different so it's difficult to judge. Of course someone will always be disappointed and don't expect not to work on public holidays 'cause as you know that's not going to happen.

I usually have a 5 day week and then a 4 day week. You can request your days off in a block if you like and have a big break in the middle. I prefer to spread it out so that I don't have to do 6 days in a row.

Take home pay so far this year has avaraged $1400 clear a fortnight. Lowest 1300 and highest 1600. So focus on the take home pay.

The pax I find very easy to please as the expectations are'nt that high. It's all about the cheap fare and on time departure. You're not getting complaints about lost special meal orders, seating allocation ( choose your own) and Frequent Flyers upgrades, they get points only if they have paid full fare. There's no pillows and blankets, newspapers or magazines, buy your own headset and hire your own IFE if you get on a flight long enough. The pax are in control and they choose how much or little they get. Since working here I've honestly found the pax to be great, of course there will always be a few to test your patience but on the whole pretty good.

As for the crew, it's a mixed bag in any job, any airline etc, but I believe it's getting better. I'd like to think you just had a one-off but there are no guarantees. Unless you're on my flight and then of course it's smiles for miles.

Hope that helped.