PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proflight Chief Executive arrested
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 06:42
lusaka sheriff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Proflight Chief Executive arrested

I have not heard or read any more. Things go slowly here, especially over Christmas and New Year.

Johnnyk, your comment is interesting. There was a rumour two or three years ago that some pilots who left Proflight were several thousand dollars short on their pay. Are you one of them? As you refer to “us” it would seem that Proflight owes money to several parties. Is this for pay to individuals such as pilots or for supplies from companies? About a year ago a maintenance operation here supplied some items or supplies to Proflight but has had a problem with obtaining payment. After several requests and several months a cheque was forthcoming. This bounced! Apparently some months later it has still not been replaced. I thought with the new investors Proflight would have cleared any debts ready to start with a clean sheet. It seems they did not do so. Hmmmmm?

I suggest you contact someone other than Tony Irwin in Proflight’s new management to find out what their position is regarding paying any outstanding Proflight debts. Richard Calder, one of the new investors, is taking an active part in Proflight’s management as VP or Director of Finance. He resides in Zimbabwe and apparently is or was involved in an air charter and maintenance operation there. The General Manager of Proflight is Richard Franklin. He is based in Lusaka and used to run a booze-cruise boat at Livingstone. He is the son of Larry Franklin, the CFI at Nchanga Flying Club in Chingola. The Proflight office number in Lusaka is + 260 1 271035. Richard Franklin’s cell number is + 260 97 794506.

Contact one of the Richards and ask for what is due to you. Let us know either way what happens. If they pay, great - problem solved. If not, everyone will know for the future. This is probably the time of year Proflight will be considering hiring new pilots for the 2006 season. Prospective pilots might want to consider how this thread develops. It is always nice to know that one will receive the agreed amount of pay!