PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 06:12
andie74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MAM Conditions

i have to say it really varies from mth to mth, according to how many days availability you give Qantas and then wot kind of work is available on those days. For example, most mths i give them 5 days a week, one mth i can average around 60-80 hrs, but another mth get around 80-110 hrs. for me its usually around 85-90. we are paid approx $26.24 per hr, plus $4.63 Duty travel allowance (some of which is not taxed if earned as part of a multi day trip- so if you get a few trips you can make a few hundred $$$ that arent taxed)

i work every weekend plus 3 week days. and i know there are MAM casuals who regularly get up around 120 or more hrs- but i honestly dont know how! i think it may be that they dont elect ANY days off when they put in theyre avail days for the mth- therefore allowing Qantas to work with essentially a 'clean slate' so maybe more likely to be allocated a full roster. whereas the rest of us get whats left over plus sick leave????? Dont know for sure but its a theory ive heard. i dont do that bcos its meant to be a casual job so i can at least have flexibiilty to do some things with my week that are planned. so thats my choice.

with 5 days p/wk you would think my hrs should be great...... but all it takes is for us to get 2 or 3 SYD returns in a week and already you've worked 3 days and only approx 13 -15 actual paid hrs work. then there are mths that are exceptionally bad, June was one of them (good time to plan a holiday!) and Dec wasnt good either, i got about 65 hrs, i caught up with friends for christmas (other MAM that i trained with) and in general we all had low hrs. Last Jan was really good for hrs so fingers crossed this mth will be a good one too!

hope this answers ur questions- if you wanted to know anything else specifically feel free to ask!

andie