PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dec 16th Stage I Inverview in YVR
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 05:46
johnyjetz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dec 16th Stage I Inverview in YVR

Hey Airbus! I may have met you in Vancouver as I met a NW pilot soon to be furloughed...I'm the United guy. Your experience mirrors mine as far as questions go. The Captain seemed very nice to me...although I was surprised that the entire interview lasted about 30 minutes and the HR guy used up a majority of the time. I suppose they were either tired of interviewing for the week or I was such a bonehead they figured they may as well send me on my way!

In regards to the 3 position hurricane question and it's affect on HK, I chose position one (furthest East). He then asked follow up questions that pointed to position two (directly south of HK) and asked about the hill/mountain south of HK. I think he was getting at all of the turbulence that would be created by the winds flowing up and over the mountain and dumping onto HK.

In any event, I called CX today and received the proverbial "Thumbs down." She said I could reapply, but didn't give a timeline. Is it 6 months? Do we just send an update with our PRN # or start over as if never applied?

Best wishes,

J