PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Instructor or Airline Pilot????
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 22:07
portsharbourflyer
Educated Hillbilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Flying Instructor or Airline Pilot????

There seems to be a niche for everyone, I have one colleage whom at the age of forty just got his first airline job. I called into my old training school a year back, managed to get talking to a Captain from a corporate operator, he told me at the age of 27 (now 28) he considered me too young to work in the corporate field , as it was necessary to present a mature image to the customers, irrespective of the actual experience of the person.

You can do most of the training on a part time basis while keeping your job (IR will need to be done full time), it will be hard work, exhausting; at the end of the day the worst thing that happens is your still in your current job and part time instructing. At best you get the break and get a flying job of some description. To instruct multi you will need an unrestricted FI rating, 30 hours of multi p1 piston time and a five hour MEI upgrade course, I know of several multi instructor who do not have an airline background. Search the instructors forum and you will see the requirements for teaching IR.