PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-737-600/700/800 Quick fixes
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 21:48
Aussie Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: B-737-600/700/800 Quick fixes

Originally Posted by WJman
Another trick:
Window Heat - change the cord to the window before you change the window itself. Less rigging that way.

I've never had to rig a sliding window on an NG. It seems that they come pre-rigged or are all standard. I have asked others here and the same for them. Unlike the -200's, it jusy slides into place.Saves a ton of time.

Here's one for you.
If your HF fails check out the transceiver. Take it out and check the area it is in in the aft hold. I have found many a HF clogged with a large amount of dust and debris, the colling exhaust get's clooged and it overheats and shut's down. Clean it out, reset the c/b and bang good for an ETOPS flt.Save the company mucho deniro.
I hope you're checking the resistance and setting the correct ground post for the window.... anyhow if it fits and it gets off the gate all's good Bottom line is 90% approx of all No.2 window probs are electrical and more often than not in the wiring etc not the window itself.

On the HF issue depending on the system you have fitted to your planes I'm surprised the system lasts long enough to get clogged. I see numerous units blown up by lightning strikes but the fix is in work.

Interesting to talk to others exposed to ETOPS on 737NG!