PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Denied Boarding by Air Canada after showing up on time -- then charged $400 to rebook
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 09:42
rsoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Denied Boarding by Air Canada after showing up on time -- then charged $400 to rebook

Hey RBF

Educate ur boss to take a moment to look at the flight departure boards scattered around the airport first! Most airports show the multiple destinations of the flights (if it is a multi sector flight) against the same flight number. I have seen it in LHR, in FRA, in BKK (where I once boarded a flight to Madras which was continuing to Bangalore and Hyderabad in India) and after hearing you weep about how your CEO was shafted, I paid a close look at what my teeny weeny home airport (in comparison to your YYZ) was showing as well, when I was there a couple of days back. There was an Air India Express flight shown as arriving from "Dubai via Cochin" and the Departure board showed flights of the same airline going to Abudhabi via Muscat and another separate Gulf Air flight (not a code share) also showing a departure of "Abudhabi via Muscat".

So instead of taking out your ire on AC and its staff (and the way the staff turnover is happening in this industry there are a lot of greenhorns around - and the greenest are usually given the task of "floor walking" in most airlines), it might be worthwhile for some people to spend a moment taking a look at the flight departure boards instead of being on the mobile to finish of all the worlds business as half the business people seem to do (not saying your boss is one of them) .

Cheers