PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cityjet??
Thread: Cityjet??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 08:30
AMiller

Re: CityJet cadet pilot scheme

jamesiek and others.....

Money not that great? Hmm let me explain why it is the best around at the moment.

If, for example you sourced the £60,000 required from private (as in free sources ) you wont pay a penny for your training. It would get paid BACK to you over the 7 year period your contracted for. If you source the £60,000 from the bank then all that you;d loose is the interest, about £20,000. So in that perspective it is the cost of a modular course - but you get a integrated (well very soon to be) course with a fantastic stamp in your logbook - CTC.

With regards to your salary whilst at easyjet/Thomas Cook you get less that someone that has say come from another FTO. However, the airline pay you back your money every month. About £1,000 per month. BUT you dont get £12,000 per year less than your counter parts from other FTO's. Therefore at CTC you can earn more than your mates from other FTO's but also be in a situation where you can say either :-

1) I have not paid a penny for my training.
2) All I have paid is £20,000.

In addition to the first point there if you have borrowed from a family member the £60,000 you wage packet from the airline will still include the £1,000 per month as a tax free sum! So you will be better off than your mates that have come from other FTO's as £1,000 of your monthly salary won;t be taxable.

Hope this is clearer!

Andy