PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contaminated Air
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 00:15
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Medical effects of contaminated air CONFIRMED

I've read them both, and neither are definitive. Balpa are on a mission, if you read their stuff, they are basically taking every ailment known to man and blaming it on cabin air. They have absolutely no evidence that these conditions are primarily caused by contaminated air - a true scattergun approach if ever I saw one. Unless you know the medical history and level of exposure to ANY toxin over the life of the individual, you can't possibly come to the conclusion that these problems are caused solely by pyrolised oil fumes.

According to my AME, the CAA failed a Thomsonfly B757 Captain's medical in early November due to neurological problems directly resulting from exposure to contaminated air. Can't get a clearer message than that.
Can you substantiate that? If not, it is just hearsay. A rumour. It isn't even close to being a clear message, as you have no idea what the medical history of the captain is, or what he might have been exposed to outside the cockpit. How do you know he didn't live next to a fertilizer factory?

If you are interested in facts, the FACT is that nobody has yet produced any evidence that is sufficiently compelling to cause any government or government agency to act (and they generally love to act at the drop of a hat in these situations).