PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chewing Gum
Thread: Chewing Gum
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 22:19
whattimedoweland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chewing Gum

Originally Posted by Katie
Are crew in uniform allowed to eat/drink anything ie water in public view? Does this apply to off duty too?

Yes Katie,I have just done a 9 day trip and did not eat off duty in case a passenger saw me!!.I had to wait till I got home!!.

Or did you mean on the plane?.We are allowed to eat and try and do this out of sight of passengers,until the curtain comes open and the famous 'oh you get fed too' comes out.Airlines also allow us to drink water and juice etc,as our bodies operate in the same way as a passenger and we have the same liver and kidney functions too.

As for the next passenger who asks after a 11 hour Los Angeles flight (12 1/2 duty day),'do you go straight back'?!!! .

JW411,as for the original question re chewing the gum it's a big NO.I have been flying for BA 12 years now and have never personally seen it.If I do then I will leave them in no doubt about how BA see it.Cheap and tacky.

As some have pointed out in the greater scheme of things this may seem petty.Yes but it looks pretty awful and does'nt show your company in a good light.

Half way through a long flight I'd love a pint but I think thats one that has to wait,but god it tastes good when you get it,especially if the Captain buys it

WTDWL.