PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA JFK-LHR Diversion......Two Pax on Board??
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 17:55
averytdeaconharry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BA JFK-LHR Diversion......Two Pax on Board??

The most bizarre flight I ever did was from Kinshasa to Brussels on an Air Zaire 747 operated by a Pan Am crew. In first class there were 6 pax. I was with 2 colleagues and we travelled for free. The other three were a LH flight deck crew on a positioning flight. They also travelled for free. In the economy cabin were 6 LH cabin crew also travelling free. The plane was delayed by 2 hours because of what were called loading difficulties. It was in the days of reel to reel film cartridges for the IFE. On this flight the system well and truly broke down. The film started spilling all over the cabin. It took the flight engineer well over an hour to sort it all out. I travelled many times on Air Zaire. I never paid for any ticket and the maximum load I ever encountered was 14. On one occasion the aircraft (a DC10) made a stop at MAD en route from BRU to FIH. No one got off and no one joined there. It was a complete waste of money but it was on time. I flew several times between FIH and Europe on KLM and Sabena. Every time the flights were packed.