PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 17:45
Nevs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Advice to become a pilot

thx for everyones replies been very useful,

i am defenitely going to uni for 3 years i am really looking forward to it actually, and my parents will pay most of it and all i need is to cover the cost of tution fees which is like 3k a year i think which i will just get a student loan with low interest to cover it, i know the financial situation because i have a bro and a sis at uni in london.

also i do plan to get a job at uni, also hopefully my parents will pay for me to finish off my ppl next summer.

i will probably decide later in time when i come out of uni, but if i go modular course doesnt it take alot longer to get a atpl , i always thought intergrated was much quicker because its all done in 18months, where as doing it modular you might tend to give up or not work as hard, i dont know really.

all i know is i want to become a pilot after a leave uni, also if i just fly like king airs or some turbo-props for a few years, do i need atpl? my flying knowledge has lapsed a bit in the past year, ive been concentrating on unis to much.