PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost in Alcohol.....?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 13:48
ToPocHi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost in Alcohol.....?

Originally Posted by kissmysquirrel
I worked a job for 16 years where it was considered unsociable if you didnt go to the bar every night and drink your self stupid.
Ahhh yes, relating to that quotation, it would seem that from hearsay (or more likely a given fact), it becomes somewhat a prerequisite for commercial airline pilots to drink/indulge into alcoholic beverages; otherwise, you wouldn't be a certified aviator or so they claim! I'm still a cadet and I've been getting news that once a cadet graduates, joins as a junior F/O, he/she would indefinitely be required to join the crew after every flight for a 'social session'. I'm a teetotaller and I'd like to remain that way, I've had very bad childhood experiences thanks to that 'wicked substance' (no offense intended for fellow drinkers). Is it really true that there's no escaping these 'sessions'?

LOC: All the best in your effort to abstaining from the very likes of alcohol. I'm sorry for not being able to give you any advice regarding the matter. I have no experience in this matter or whatsoever. Perhaps picking up a new hobby would help? Well, personally I think you're already on the right track. You'll do fine, sir.