PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 12:02
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CORK

FR have always been hot & cold with the FR903/4 and have down the years used it as a stick with which to beat Cork during sulks etc! Saturdays in the summer will be interesting too as there will be only 2 FR flights from Stansted, the later afternoon FR905/6 and the evening FR907/8 so no early morning flight to London from Ryanair on Saturdays. Guess I am like a dog with a bone but then again as I type there are two Labradors at my feet so you can see where I am coming from there!

An extra FR flight down from Dublin around 8 pm/9 pm would surely do well and pick up on those train or RE pax who flew up with Ryanair. The question is though would another flight to Dublin from Cork also do as well? Such an extra service would also mean another aeroplane, of course! Sin ceist eile!

Yes, Mark_Heg, more ramp, more runway and a CATIII ILS for Cork. Write to your TD, write to Minister of Enterprise, Martin. Stop most of those diverted flights from going to snn. Far too many Cork bound flights were lost to snn during 2005, far too many. How many thousands of lost passengers would that be and at what price and at what inconvenience?