PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford (OAT) assessment day - a review
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 11:51
DrRedHead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Oxford (OAT) assessment day - a review

LOL , yea thats right you do have to pay and i think iots around £175 for the two days (not including food or a room to saty in). The school used to accept anyone and take that £60k right off you but now they don't want people wasting their money (or so they say). The test really just measure your ability on coping with tasks in the actual work environment, i mean my self i took to flying like a duck to water but some people may find that they have no ability what so ever and rather then waste 60k and not passing then they only waste 175 and find out why.

If "computer says nnooo" then you told why and you can come again for retest in 3 - 12 months, just so you forget questions as i think they stay the same . This happened to me but since i only just missed out on physics by one mark then they said come back in two months as everything else was very good. Failing doesn't mean you can't fly it just means you need to work on you hand eye co ordination and things

If however "computer says yes" (christmas special) then you can delay your entry upto a year and it gives you the right to choose a start date and then you can pay in monthly installments or in 3 lump sums.

I think it does rate your ability to pass the exams and the course in general but is also a requirement to be accepted into the school, hope this helps

The Dr (chris)