PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 11:22
4legsaday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Latest EK selection news

Hmm...
...I was joining my current company as DEC as well and I had no problems, but for shure you have to be more "experienced" and if you have gained your hours by tricks or you are not experiencend enough to handle the DEC situation....things can go bad. After almost then years in my operations, I handled the DEC fine, but I donīt know EK.

However, the topic was EC (EK) yes or no....anybody who has the requested experience in widebodies/longhaul ops
(not shorthaul/mediumhaul 737/A320/MD80...etc) with a professional attitude is my collegue, regardless where I am sitting and be shure I will support him or her. This is my point of view and it figured out fine until today.

Maye pprune is really not the right medium to base decisions on, that is also my point of view. I have been flying in companies with and without unions and all of them have taken DECīs. When you reach the company requirements you will be upgraded in an expanding company, believe me if you donīt make it there you will make it nowhere.

I am very shure that you have been asked the question : How do you handle it to be First Officer for 5 years?

Why did you guys sign the contract???

You feel bad about where you are???
You need green grass???
You need LHR rain???

Try to calm down, relax....if you donīt feel better, go where ever you think it is better. I know itīs arrogant, itīs selfish.....itīs so damn bad, but maybe it is the truth.

Happy new year
marsalama