PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors----where Are They????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 10:36
schoolboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: Instructors----where Are They????

Contractor,
NEGOTIATE! There are employers who will agree to pay for renewals, and they will pay decent wages and offer good conditions. You can only be told to P**S OFF if your demands don't suit, but if you are any good and appear to be an asset to a company, the odds are you will get what you want. We both agree that the numbers of grade 1 & 2 instructors are dwindling, so use that to get e decent package.

turbantime,
As I questioned "bigger (and better????)", must have got to you too!
I agree, in my opinion also (and it is a humble opinion), "instructing is the most demanding flying", and those who hang in must be dedicated and love their vocation (OK, I understand no bread/milk if no $).

Hugh Jarse,
Lots of points made, and some make sense, but why denigrate the whole industry with broad statements? Surely some instrucrors are doing allright (and I know this for a fact!). I'm not saying $747, but pretty good considering. We can't all achieve what we want, no matter how hard we try, but compromise sometimes yields good job satisfaction and more than enough to keep mum, the kids and the mortgage happy.

Wheeler,
Predictable attitudes bring predictable results!
Through innuendo you too have sullied the people who do the right thing. I didn't question the ethics of LAME's, only the system that has allowed their numbers to be threatened. If you don't employ youth, eventually you don't have experience. Dosn't attrition come into instructors as well as LAME's longievity?
As for "user pays", get over it! Accept the system, whether right or wrong, and learn to work with it and use it to the best advantage. Believe it or not, there are contractors (of all sorts) who, by good negotiation, are doing OK (I KNOW!)