PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes in the West
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2006, 12:34
Checkerboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ETOPS on this route is a very interesting one. Warburton does not meet the requirements for anything in Code 3c or above. This is due to the runway strip being only 80m wide and 90m is required. Having spoken to the surveyor about his one he says they cannot make it any wider as the local inhabitants have some "sacred land" on the side of the runway. I would like to therfore know how Skywest is using this runway for Etops requirements if in fact they are. Having planned and flown this route in a Brasilia from Perth I found the only suitable runway that met Etops requirements was Patjar but his poses additional problems as although the runway strip is 90m wide it is only 1400m long and therefore would only work for the Brasilia if alternate LDR factoring of 1.43% was applied. Departures out of The Granites also really need to be a minimum of 1hr before last light beacause if the aircraft experiences a problem up to half an hour from the Granites after departure(before it comes into range of Patjarr) will require a return to The Granites and with the unlit tower off the end of the runway you cannot land there after last light. It is an Etops and plannning nightmare from Perth and the Brasilia ETOPS requirements mean within 200nm of a suitable aerdrome, not sure what the distances are for the F50 but I would be interested to know how they are doing it.