PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 1st Jan 2006, 11:02
volrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2006 and the grand total of zilch to report....however....this might be of interest to the those that wish to seek out the truth....
I know that the intrepid flyer caught a lot of flack from this mis-adventure, but the real ones that disapeared into cracks in the pavement were his supportive ground crew, you know those that planned the route with such care and precision so that the flight path took in monsoons!!
Anyway the reports I have unearthed show that these intrepid "backroom boys" may not be all they seem..... Lets look at the one 2nd right in the picture....to keep things simple we will refer to him as K.D. A thread on the arsse forums led to some delving...it would appear that the mentioned person once took the credit for saving a mans life, even leading the person whom was saved to believe it was so! However the nearest K.D. did to saving this mans life was to be among the onlookers and then took the credit enhancing his credability amongst his senior officers!! Ummmm makes interesting reading and points to some idea what the background team was made of.....
However I am sure most of the team were decent chaps....
Happy new year

I must add the words allegedly.....