Thread: Messing
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2005, 17:09
C130 Techie
Fat Albert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9.81m/s/s

I fully sympathise

I have the misfortune to live in the recently refurbished accommodation in the SNCOs Mess at the covert DLO headquarters in Cambridgeshire.

I live in as I am serving married unaccompanied (voluntarily) and therefore do not pay for accommodation but do pay for food.

When I moved into the new accommodation which is ensuite in September after a struggle to get furniture etc there were several outstanding works services which are still outstanding despite promises of the contractors returning to sort things.

In addition the laundry rooms were not equipped with the necessary plumbing for the washing machines. These have been sat idle for over 2 months now.

The accommodation suffers from all the usual problems of an old mess, noisy etc. Although I don't pay for the accommodation I believe that I am entitiled to expect a reasonalbe standard and level of service which we do not apear to get despite constant badgering.

The standard of food in the mess is poor with very little possibility of being able to eat healthily and of course you have to eat at the dictated times.

Is it too much to ask these days for a minimum acceptable standard to observed across all messes.