PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 747 Engine Fire
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2005, 09:11
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ***WARNING***

In order to try and preserve some sense of debate, I have allowed 411A his one little 'dig'. It is to be expected, as he is applying his own personal experience which must be several decades out of date by now. What I don't need on here is all the Trolls who take the bait and flood the thread with useless dialogue about how incandescent with rage they are at his observations.

Learn to live with it and if you are so uncontrollably outraged, count to ten and then play the ball, not the player! It is most likely to be bad for your health (mental and coronary) if I keep deleting your posts which you have undoubtedly spent time constructing because it is irrelevant to the thread topic.

On another note, I would again like to appeal to all non-airline pilots and assorted enthusiasts to refrain from making statements on this and other threads where operational and technical matters are being discussed. Questions are fine but comments that are so obviously made by someone who has little or no idea about 'the job' serve only to ridicule the poster and more often than not, lead to digression from the original topic. One example (chosen only because it is the most recent but there are many more) is these comments as made a few posts back:
Think they could remove fuel from one nozzle if they wanted, but belive balance of fuel remaining requires attention.

Would guess if flames reported, crew may not dump fuel.

Aircraft landing heavy is Ok me thinks.

Did they serve pre landing drinks to the pass, me thinks not.

Sounds like the crew operated by the numbers, easy to say, not always easy to do.

As always, good pilots and training often get super results, well done to all.
In other words, if you think, then you don't know and so you should be asking a question rather than trying to add in commentary to a thread that is of interest to all airline pilots, especially those that actually operate the same aircraft type as involved in this incident.

So, please stick to the topic otherwise your efforts may be wasted.