PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loans for funding flying training.
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2005, 09:09
Antonio Montana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Link4
Just a couple of things......
I did read your first post, taking it that you are not going to put your parents house on the line, could you please let me know which financial institution will lend a 18yr old in excess of £60,000 without security??? Leg breakers inc maybe, or prehaps Sharky loans??

Your friends who are older 22 (god to be that young again) tell you to go intergrated, hmmm I am willing to bet at least one of them is intergrated yes?

You are still young enough to get a degree, that will stand you in very goodstead when you go for jobs and if things do not work out in aviation then you will have something to fall back on.

I am a lot older and wiser than you son (late 30's),when I was your age I was a bit clever and knew it all as well.
It took me a hell of a long time to achive my dream, I have my fATPL and I am looking for a job, nothing in life is easy, you do not have things given to you on a plate ever.

I don't know why I waste my time with kids who know more than me, it's rather sad, so I will not get into a argument with you son.

BTW have a look at this thread, it is rather long but the remarks given by Moderators and Alex Whittingham, of Bristol Groundschool are well worth reading. I am sure that they know a little bit more than your friends.

Last edited by Antonio Montana; 31st Dec 2005 at 12:46.