PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett: taste of things to come
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2002, 14:20
SydGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt_Zoolander you sure have got your panties in a bunch about the SEESA payment. Maybe I'm delusioned but I believe that processing redundancies for around 12,000 staff takes time - and if you've been waiting five months for your SEESA then you should be in contact with the staff hotline!

Anyway I digress.... .Actually I just wanted to make a comment about the catering on the flights mentioned in the above article. Capt_Zoolander perhaps you are not aware that before any change in food service or delivery there is always a trial. Sometimes there's trial after trial after trial, to make sure the food is right, the contents are right, and the delivery is acceptable. The 2 flights mentioned in the article were exactly that, a trial. Nothing shocking, nothing outrageous or scandalous, merely a trial of the new service to gauge passenger feedback and see whether the new service is feasible given the time frame, customer demands etc.

The trial would be paid for by Tesna since the new service applies to them. As for friends buying tickets with Tesna/ANMK2 - sure why not? I've had many many passengers comment to me that they are looking forward to travelling with the NewAnsett. Sure there will be those who will choose not to travel with AN, for their own reasons and that is entirely their choice.

Can't comment on the rest of Capt_Z's observations as I'm not particularly au fait with what's going on in engineering.

SG