PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett's A320's - the right choice?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2001, 05:17
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

For those who bothered to read the link (and I realise that being of a technical nature, it is well beyond the comprehension of our friend with the foot fetish, btw nailclipper PLEASE get one of your kids to proof read your posts for spelling!!), you will see that it is indeed an A320 problem. Niceone, the American Airlines A300 -600 aircraft that crashed was newer than Ansett`s A320`s, and so my points are:
(i) Apparently this is not a "new" defect that has only just come to light because of AA587 - it has been mentioned in various AD's for some time;
(ii) ALL of the current Ansett fleet is comprised SOLELY of A320 aircraft;
(iii) In light of the extremely dire consequences suffered by AA587, apparently because of the failure of the composite materials from which the vertical stabiliser was manufactured, it is HIGHLY POSSIBLE that there may be a GROUNDING of ALL AIRBUS AIRCRAFT featuring these vert stabilisers, by the regulatory authorities.

So is Ansett`s decision to go SOLELY with the A320 (instead of a mix), a wise choice, or one that COULD spell its final death knell?

[ 22 November 2001: Message edited by: Kaptin M ]