PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Transat is hiring pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2005, 03:22
brucelee

Meaw.
Sorry to dissapoint you but this is a topic that unfortunately usually gets out of control. Just for the record, in my 27 years of flying, no other airline has made bilingualism an issue. None of those companies you mention ever stated "english prefferably" on their requirements. Anyone who had the experience could be hired. Get my drift? The only one that has a bilingualism policy is AC because we are the flag carrier and based in YUL and because of politics. If I am arrogant and a racist, you've got to dig a little deeper for the truth my friend. I only respond to the racist tactics that the language police use in PQ. My best friends and coleagues are french and I happen to speak it quite well myself. That means I made an effort to learn it. Is that arrogant and racist? And just for the record, my Canada does include Quebec. Although I doubt the rest of Canada will be in trouble if we ever separate as you suggest. Your emotions are clouding up your thoughts. I only fight for equality. If it came across as something else, sorry.
When AT hires english-only pilots at the level that AC hires french ones, we'll talk.