PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Transat is hiring pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2005, 00:56
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meaw

Thanks for the response.

With all due respect, I've watched with understanding, patience, and tolerance for the best part of 50 years.

In a country the size of Canada, we've plenty of room for those who choose to live here and I see no reason they shouldn't come. I've listened sympathetically for years to La Belle Province with it's je me souviens attitude, thanks to De Gaulle and Parizeau, Levesque and Bouchard. Not to mention the FLQ, Peirre LaPorte and the Trudeau War Measures Act. The whining from this province NEVER ENDS!!! This province is costing Canadian Taxpayers zillions to capitulate, has done for decades. The Gomery Commission proves a lot. Just the tip of the ice berg and Canadians are slowly catching on.

One day, English Quebeckers will as well.

The Unions have already stated they are going after Charest in the next election because of his 'cuts'. Responsible Gov't in Quebec hasn't got a chance.

Call me a racist, a bigot, whatever you like. (I have family that are French Canadian who'd love to hear this) Doesn't phase me in the least because I know what goes on in this province as you surly must. This Province, which "je me souviens pas", is run by mafia, bike gangs and labor unions PLUS idiots who want to lower the voting age to sixteen. (I wonder why? Might it have something to do with a referendum in the days ahead???)
Yeah. The likes of Duceppe don't want a free vote in Parliament over gay marriage because it has already been dealt with. (I agree) But this is the same guy who has no trouble working with the PQ to have another Referendum????? That, my fellow Canadian, is called hypocricy. The PQ and the Bloc will have as many referendum as they need until they get a YES and won't put it to rest until that day!!! Full STOP.

Like you, I've also lived in a number of places in Canada. I've also served my country. As far as Canada is concerned, for me, I no longer see Quebec as part of this country and in the final analysis, do we really need Quebec to be Canada??? Or would we all be better off and happier with a divorce? Maybe M. Duceppe is onto something.

I see it this way. If a member of the family has had enough and wants to move out on his own. Fine. That day may come. If Quebec wishes to have a referendum and YES is the outcome. That's fine too. But like any member who leaves the family it can pay it's own way in the world and not look to Mom and Dad or the family to pay. Simple, eh?

What do they want to see next? We English Canadians as their 'domestiques'??? Is that what they want Quebeckers to remember?

Whatever happened to the Beautiful Province? Too lame?

C'mon, say something with substance. Even if it's provocative, it gets the discussion going.