PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 29th Dec 2005, 15:24
jonnoboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest, I am at the beginning of the commercial route. I am yet to do the class 1 medical, or ground exams. I am currently working in Oz until the middle of the year, so my hour building is really just fun, cheap flying over beautiful scenery I'd be doing anyway.

I plan to start the CPL ground exams (after medical) on my return to the UK, although will be reading up on the topics while abroad as a member of my family has recently completed his CPL thus have books etc.

While doing these exams thorugh distance learning, i'll do my night rating and finish my aerobatics course (for fun!) and continue towards that 200TT figure with the hope of getting to an employable position in about 2 years from now. I'll have my work cut out as working as well but think it is possible.

This kinda brings me back to my original question, which is would i be better off doing the CPL and getting an FI rating to build my hours up without worrying about the ME and IR for the time being, or should I do it all and hope to get work with between 2-300 hours? Is this likely, or even possible?

Cheers,

JB