PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Mac users?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2005, 07:56
rotorfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Started using disputers in '72 (IBM 360). In '88, got tossed from a job, started business the next day, needed invoicing ability. My wife set up an Excel spreadsheet in 30 minutes on her 1987 Mac, and I've been sold on 'em since. That MacPlus got bumped up to 4MB RAM, a 16Mhz CPU mod, and OS6.0.8. Booted up in under 10 sec., NEVER crashed. Just quit using it about a year ago.

This new Tiger OS screams, and I keep discovering new tricks that make it cool to use. Oh, yeah, I have an HP laptop w/ XP that I use for some of my work. It's really OK, the best Windoze that I've used, but I haven't found anything on XP that is easier to do than the equivalent on MacOS.

I like to USE my 'puter, not maintain it, like the PC requires me to do. (Incessant virus defs. to download.)

Simon sez:
"I actually think Windows aint a bad OS these days. (Shame it's taken them 20 years to catch up.)"

I agree, it's pretty decent, actually. But, my friend, Microsloth has NOT caught up. OSX is a much more elegant, user-friendly OS.