PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 29th Dec 2005, 02:27
cannard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thought i'd give this old thread a bump.

sydney open day was a train wreck for me! this time instead of calling people back, they had little letter things at the back of the room, and it told you if you were successful or not.

I expected sydney to have a lot of 'the beautiful people' compared to the perth one i attended. but there was only an abundance of attitudes and lots of testosterone, of all the guys that had no idea what to expect and were ready to compete at the open day. at least a 50-50 ration girls to guys.

still i managed to meet a few nice people. there are still friendly girls and guys in this city.

group interview day: the group i was in , had about 4 Power-Talkers and basically controlled the circle not letting anyone else say anything. and unfortunately i got cut at the first round, which was a suprise from last time.

on an interesting note, one girl i met has already been given a fly-out date of jan 12 or 22 ( i cant remember) even though the interview was only 2 weeks ago! supposedly all the candidates that got through have been given early january start times! what happened to the 6 weeks and then medical tests and more waiting?

while this question has been asked many times and not answered, i still plan to go to the next sydney open day which is in feb, even though its within a 6 month period of the last one, and maybe 12 months of the one before that. but im not sure if they really do check, or just want it to be fair.

C.