PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - International flight question
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2005, 22:55
jai6638

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see from your sig, Jai, that you are in the US......things are quite different in the big, wide world.
thats what I thought... hence, wanna try get more familiar with what usually happens near the middle east and India...

Your original question was to do with comms - this varies by area and altitude. Many places are only served by HF frequencies (especially over water), some have VHF at higher levels (North Atlantic, for example) and some ATC Centers have Satfone comms as well.
So your essentially in contact with different ATC's ( as you enter their airspace ) on HF/VHF frequencies over water bodies?

From what i've read above, it seems like flying IFR is probably the best way to flying internationally..

I had another question which I guess a local would probably know..Lets say I'm travelling interstate in India, from Bombay, Maharastra to Udaipur, Rajasthan ( I'd be passing the state of Gujurat enroue to Udaipur ), does domestic General Aviation travel in India work the same way as in the US? with the only difference being that I would need to arrange for aviationgas at the destination airport?

Thanks guys for your help.. much appreciated .. I apologize for asking so many questions...