PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions For Current CX Pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2005, 22:09
AileronBuzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions For Current CX Pilots

Hello All:

Before I begin, let me say that I am very thankful to those of you that have taken the time to post all of the very helpful info on this forum!

I wanted to get some feedback from any current CX pilots on whether my particular experience fits the profile of what CX is looking for in a DEFO....

I am 40 years old. I have spent the last seven years flying for Northwest Airlines on the DC-9, A-320 and B-727 (FE). Prior to NWA, I spent about five years flying as an FO on a DC-8 for Air Transport International flying freight worldwide; mostly on USAF/AMC charters.

Like so many others, I find myself at a point in my career where the future does not look so bright. I am slated to be furloughed sometime in the first quarter of next year, and I have decided to try once more to find a place where I can call home for the rest of my flying days.

Do any of you think that a man of my age and/or experience fits the profile of what CX is looking for? I realize that a large part of it depends on whether other pilots can stand to be around you
I get along with everybody and haven't been ditched on a layover
yet!

Thanks for your replies in advance!