PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man is not Lost
Thread: Man is not Lost
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2005, 20:44
Bernoulli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man is not Lost

I'm nearing the end of a recently aquired book called 'Man Is Not Lost' by a chap called Dickie Richardson. During the early stages of WW2 he was given the job of pulling lots of disparate threads together to produce a manual of air navigation. This volume came into the world as Air Publication AP1234.

Day to day I wander round Europe with navigation largely taken care of for me by triple IRS and dual FMCs. I really don't have to think about navigation that much, at least not in the en route stage. This book has fired me up a bit and I'd like to re-visit some of the fundamentals that underpin my professional life.

So my question is this... does anybody know where I can gat a copy of AP1234, preferably one of its earlier incarnations? (I'm assuming that like most live service documents it will have been subject to constant revision).

Failing that, can anyone recommend any suitable texts. Nothing too cerebral please... my education juddered to a halt with A'Levels in 1980 and it's been downhill ever since.

Thanks and all the best to you all in 2006.

Bernoulli