PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2005, 19:28
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rumor about EI going to SFO and MIA seems to be solid enough as the whispers have all ready reached good ol' Cork so it must be true! However, the other route that was mentioned was not DFW but PHL so there appears to be a bit of confusion in that matter. Needs a shorter range aeroplane so may be easier to put together in the short term?

If a deal was struck with Boeing for the 787 would there be any sense in Boeing offering some new build 767-400s in the interim for the new routes expansion? Only asking, mind! Not wanting to be accused of being on the Xmas sauce again!

Not into the A vs B debate which tends to get a little hysterical but if Airbus thought they were to lose out to the 787 at EI they may well go for broke and offer the deal of the century to shift the A350? Guess the same could be said for Boeing, of course!

All those composites, though. Hmmm, those aeroplanes will need some serious minding on the ground? Whatever airframe is chosen for EI hope they can get in and out of Cork! As may be guessed that is my bottom line!

Recently, someone above asked a good question and it has been going around in my head quite a bit. More of the Xmas sauce! When Cork Airport's new terminal is eventually brought into use sometime next year can an Airbus A330 park nose in to the gate with the sole airbridge? Not that Cork will be getting too many visits and anyway I am only asking, mind!

Last edited by Tom the Tenor; 28th Dec 2005 at 23:53.