PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Transat is hiring pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2005, 22:12
CGTSN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not about being politcally correct or not, it is just in the use of the word, related to the context.
It's all good to have an opinion but some people may not understand it the way you are trying to explain it, that is it, that is all.

Look what happened about a month ago when Min. of transport Lapierre used the term nazi talking about le Bloc. and see how far it went.

I do understand Quebec can be pretty strict with language, which in a way i can understand, we live in a bilingual country and laws are there to make sure companies, people respect the use of both official languages.

The only hope is that they will hire qualified people who are just waiting ( for some of them ) to fly again after they've been furloughed or new ones that are willing to make a dream comes true after the many hours they spent getting their licenses.

And i don't see why, if they do hire unilingual, they wouldn't give them the opportunity to learn the other official language. There's a program that permits you to learn another language (related to the job) and it is 75% refunded by the company if you succeed in the language class.

We'll have to wait and see how it goes and i will get the infos about how their hours are calculated when crew sked calls me for a flt. And since they are getting a new contract, i guess some of the things will change.