PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue To Topple The Fox-Lew Bid For Ansett?
Old 18th Nov 2001, 08:09
B'ar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin wants to buy the terminal space because they believe Ansett is charging them too much to use facilities at Australian airports.

Mr Huttner said Ansett's charges rose from $300-a-flight for terminal space in Launceston to more than $1000-a-flight within a week.
I would assume that this is the administrators charging DJ so as good accountants they are squeezing them. What other terminals do DJs lease off AN ? None that I am aware of. Maybe Darwin or Perth? As for who determines the onsale of ANs assets when I last looked at Volume 1 of the corporations law it is the Administrators dependent on the approval of the creditors. So the government have no say at all and I would expect that Fox and Lew will buy the terminals and even if AN2 doesn't work they will be able to gouge any other airlines using the Terminals. As for the government they have a lovely double dip tax going so why give that up. I think that Kaptin M is right, pay out the staff and if they want to buy a share in the new airline let them ( not a good investment though I would expect). Not a good time to be doing your commercial licence for all those wannabes........