PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMed DFO Sacked?
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2005, 16:25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Director of Flight Operations
BMED is delighted to announce the appointment of Jason Holt, 42, as the airline’s new Director of Flight Operations (DFO). Jason brings with him a wealth of operations experience gained within the aviation industry and joins BMED from Virgin Nigeria where he was their DFO.

With an aviation career spanning more than two decades Jason began his working life with the Royal Air Force (RAF) where he was involved in operations worldwide, including responsibility for Strike Command operational training. Since leaving the RAF in 1994 he has worked for Virgin Atlantic, initially as a Captain on A340s and A320s, then as Head of Safety before, most recently, becoming DFO for Virgin Nigeria.

David Richardson, Chief Executive for BMED, said:

“We are delighted that someone with Jason’s skills and expertise has decided to join us at the start of what is set to be a very exciting few years at BMED. With seven aircraft on order, doubling the size of our existing fleet by 2010, we have a challenging growth period ahead.

I am confident that Jason will make an outstanding contribution to our future and I look forward to welcoming him onboard.

Jason joins BMED in April 2006 and will work closely with Chief Pilot, Captain Mick Crosby. Mick has done an outstanding job as acting DFO over the last few months and I would like to take this opportunity to thank him and his team.”

Jason Holt, BMED’s newly appointed Director for Flight Operations, said:

“I am thrilled to be joining the BMED team. BMED’s experience in the Near East, African and Central Asia market means that the commercial opportunities for expansion and growth are very compelling. To be able to make a contribution to BMED and its operations team is a great opportunity and something I am very much looking forward to. ”

and also

New Commercial Director
BMED is pleased to announce the appointment of Jonathan Grisdale as its new Commercial Director. Jonathan, 38, joins BMED from Carlson Marketing Group where he was Vice President for Client Development. Prior to this, he held a variety of sales and marketing positions with companies including Cendant Corporation and American Express.

David Richardson, Chief Executive for BMED, said:

“We are delighted to welcome Jonathan on board. With seven new aircraft on order we are looking forward to a challenging period of growth and I am confident that Jonathan will make a significant contribution to our development. He will build on the great work achieved by his predecessor, Richard Cann.”

Jonathan Grisdale, BMED’s newly appointed Commercial Director, said:

“I am very pleased to be joining BMED at an exciting time for the airline. Although new to aviation, I believe my solid experience in business development and leadership across a wide variety of disciplines will enable me to help BMED continue to grow sales and develop and strengthen its customer relationships.”

Info from flybmed.com website