PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK standards for instructing SEP
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2005, 22:21
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have just both made an example of the problems students face.

1) some instructors are teaching to 45deg some are teaching to 60 degs and won't accept anything less. Both have in there heart they are doing the right thing. I think the book says somewhere in between.

2) it was an example SAS which you fell into the standard instructor thing of justifying your method which you think is right. Who's right I don't know or care. Someone just tell me which one is the one that the powers that be want taught to students.

The problem with CFI setting the standards which they are meant to do already is that it just means that the school teaches the same. The students still have problems where they go some where else in the UK, or even the school across the road.

Who is going to set the standards for the CFI? An are the students going to know what the national standards are.
Otherwise how is the student going to know that what they are taught is "Industry Standard" which is going to be excepted by all instructors.

The feedback thing is a very good point. Someone external from the school needs to be able to take feedback on questions give a answer follow up and have the power to say to the CFI this isn't acceptable get it sorted. Why are your check rides geting **** for doing what the book says.

Most of the time now if someone has a problem with a school its blanked by the CAA. Not interested they say the school passes the checks etc etc. Please supply evidence to prove your point.

That person which we all know but can't mention. After I finished there were over 6 letters to the CAA complaining about the training standards from different individuals . The method he conducted the test, the method he conducted his RT tests.

Result bloody nothing "you need to proved positive proof of lack of standards" err there is 10 of us willing to go to court.

Yep but your PPL's and he is an examiner we are not touching him.

MJ

Last edited by mad_jock; 26th Dec 2005 at 23:13.