PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet faces pilot strike as pay talks fail
Old 26th Dec 2005, 14:57
CanAV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck lads. You have many from other carriers behind you and we are watching.

My generation of pilots have seen pensions evaporate, pay freeze if not shrink and other benefits erode. We are a 'Variable Cost' to management and an easy target.

Boeing and Airbus don't care whether a carrier makes money or not as long as the lease payments are kept up. To make lease payments you need to generate revenue and whether you like it or not the flight crew are a big part of this.

The facts are that the airlines (even the big ones) are feeling the labour pinch and the anvil is swinging the other way. We need to take advantage of this and get back some of what we have lost.

Anyone interviewing at Easy/Ryan etc. now should be telling the people who are looking at you to stick the TRSS scheme up their back side. They are getting desperate as I have 3 mates called in the last week or two who a year ago would have never been looked at.

Again good luck lads. Your results will be felt throughout the entire industry. If any Easy management are reading this I would take this to heart. The rumblings around Luton are being heard at the other carriers by my experience, and the boys/girls sound very serious!

Happy New Year