PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets Welcome Tiger Airways to Darwin
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2005, 00:17
El Oso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Agree with "Alangirven". The Easyjet series "airline" was a good look into the stupidity of the public. As any pilot whose worked GA check in or other "coal face" public service industries will tell you; the public can't read signs or ticket details, have little common sense, lose what little brainpower they had when they enter an airport and often refuse to accept their own mistakes.

Check in staff deserve our praise I feel, I 've heard pilots dismiss them as those who couldn't pass the F/A interview or "looks" test - but they take all the cr*p and make it work for us. Whilst there are the odd nasty or incompetent check in staff, I reckon on average they do a good job.

Once saw a TV docco that said the average mental age of an american is about 12. Go ride the trains or buses or watch people on a ski-field for a while, (if is wasn't work it would qualify as a damn good comedy show), you'll soon see what they mean! And with the rise of LCC's IMHO the level of pax is dropping, so next time you see the check in staff just remember what they have to do...