PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK standards for instructing SEP
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2005, 19:52
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK standards for instructing SEP

Following from multiple threads on the different methods of skinning a cat with teaching methods and the apparent lack of anyone to wanting to document how the prefered method of doing things is in the UK.

There are threads abundant on ATC forum on zone infringements crap RT.

From previous threads people think it's acceptable to teach outside the POH of the aircraft.

Its a bloody nightmare for ppl's having to bugger about relearning how to do their instructor's perversions every flight with one its no wonder they avoid instructor flights.

If all this crap could get documented and standards applied across the country we wouldn't have the problems with retention and reluctance of ppl's to have the occasional instructor flight.

I could just imagine going for an "instructor" flight now with 1000hours instructing under my belt. It would be a bloody nightmare if the person in question didn't like flaps in the turn on base, steeper than 3 deg approach angle, steep turns operated as an emergency procedure to 60 degrees and all the other multituded of differences individuals like teaching. It would proberly be "aye whatever" and continue doing what I have always done. And i wouldn't tell them I was an instructor in a previous life.

And if people wern't so pissed off getting bollocked all the time and retrained every flight they might just think it a good idea ever 6 months to go for a nav ex with an instructor and stop all these bloody zone infringments.

Is it not time someone bit the bullet and actually said this is what they actually want. It would actually improve safety.

Come on BEagle I disagree with some of your differences of operating (but disagree is a strong word) but if they were applied across the board it would lead to a happier PPL population who would at least know what was required and safer. Can you not get together with Mr Hays and some other of the elder statesmen that know what they are doing and get this lot sorted over a crate of whisky.

MJ

PS i was in a quandry about using BEagles name but he talks alot of sense all of the time and everything he says is safe. Its an opinon thing and not meant to force him into a reply.

Anyway out to the pub now, happy xmas