PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pension Scheme
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2005, 19:33
D-IFF_ident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand we now have until 31 Mar 06? Regardless, is anyone else in a similar position to this:

30something, don't know if you're going to be offered promotion or assimilation?

If you transfer to AFPS05 and don't get offered promotion or assimilation then you stand to lose a lot of money.

If you don't transfer, but then get promoted or assimilated and stay until you're 55, then you stand to lose a lot of money.

The problem is, you can't possibly know your future and the offer to transfer cannot be answered without an element of risk.

Personally, I think there should be an open offer to transfer should your terms of service change at any time in the future.

In the meantime, here is a suggestion for anyone else who is still undecided and wants to keep their options open:

Dear Sir,

OFFER TO TRANSFER TO AFPS 05

Thank you for the offer to transfer from AFPS 75 to AFPS 05. Unfortunately I do not have enough information available to make an informed decision at this time. In particular, I need to know the details of any future offer to change my terms of service before making the right choice to fit my personal circumstances.

I elect to defer my decision until I know how my career will progress.

Sincerely,

D-IFF_ident