PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation photography
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2001, 12:01
v1rotate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Another thing, if you use Kodachrome 64 film, ynd the shots are decent, you can then sell/swap them with ATP Airliners in the US. This way, not only can you get paid (a small amount) for the slides but you can also recieve 5 slides in exchange for your 1 slide. This is great if you are after a particular shot for your collection.

As Max, correctly says, don't worry about a tripod or monopod. You dont need it. Why carry all that weight with you. All I carry is my camera and two lenses, film and a scanner. Keep it simple and keep it light. Besides, the Anorak weighs a ton already!

Start with using a manual camera I reckon. This makes you understand the relationship between aperture and shutter speed. It's also much cheaper. When you can afford it later on, go for all the fancy auto focus stuff.

Oh I nearly forgot, I also carry a pocket camera in my bag. It's a simple point and shoot Olympus camera, no messing with shutters, apertures etc. Good for when you just want to take a quick snap without all the fuss.