PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2005, 17:57
FougaMagister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact that they are also so busy is a good measure of the quality of the FTO.

They are serious but relaxed and will not settle for anything less than perfection. They do modular "back to back" which might be the easiest alternative to integrated. Their quotes are not always the cheapest, but value for money-wise I found them unbeatable; I also got first time passes at both CPL and IR (in the days of the Cessna 310).

Now they use Diamond Twinstars with FADEC-equipped Diesel engines, glass cockpit etc. and they have DiamondStars on order for the first bit of the CPL, so you'll end up doing your training on EFIS aicraft even before you reach MCC - for which they have a CRJ sim on order to replace/supplement the current King Air sim.

You'll also fly from Coventry, a proper commercial airport, with ATC, ATIS, controlled airspace, instrument procedures on site etc.

All in all, I would gladly recommend Atlantic (even though I don't get anything out of it); they were damn good when I trained and they have become even better since!

Cheers