PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Scathing' report on BA Maintenance practices
Old 23rd Dec 2005, 16:04
AUTOGLIDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMF.

Actually I'd say you haven't learnt anything 'here'. You also seem to know nothing of large scale aircraft maintenance, other than in theory.
No-one is saying that they don't take responsibility for what they do.
What you cannot do is take responsibility for something, like a panel, that has to be removed numerous times for access, yet is only in the system once and all it's subsequent removals are not recorded because the system doesn't do it despite 'management' being told this over and over again. We are not talking about single step part removal/replacements on Cessna's, but serious maintenance inputs on complicated transport aircraft. I'm afraid that even you wouldn't 'walk' these aircraft through any check, the Engineers wouldn't have time to talk to you and in any case they could be diferent people day to day as line/hangar workloads alter and they are picking up where others left off. Ah, the myth of the LAE in control of the check, must have been in some bygone era. You also wouldn't have time to all those differing paperwork tasks - because there's too much. Are you cloned?
Actually, your heroic actions above are exactly the scenarios when things do go wrong. 'Kinda' get it now? Probably not.
Hero's and smoky holes have a strange way of attracting each other. Actually the 'I'm a pro/can do attitude' is identified one of the primary causes of aircraft crashes.

Last edited by AUTOGLIDE; 23rd Dec 2005 at 17:00.