PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2005, 13:00
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My reference to the "marvelous A321" is not anything more than personal prefrencefor that type. 3 full size exits on the port side just appelat to me, and the a321s had very comfortable seats, that were fer more spacious than the awful seats on BA 747-400s. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt an a321 based full time in Cork untill the 3rd 320 was stationed @ ORK earlier in the year? I certainly remember red-eye charters tio Faro on behalf of Irish Tour Operators, also remember full business class service throughout the cabin! Ah those were the days!

I know the expansion @ ork is fantastic, but maybe we are becomming a little forget ful that EI all but abondoned ORK in 2001/2002, when only three flights to LHR daily and AMS and CDG at only a couple of times weekly? Mind you the base must now have exceptional yields, as the fares certainly are not the bargin-basement variety that EI.com would have us believe!

I think we all look forward to the days when an A330 will operate direct flights to USA, however can we epect the LHR then to decrease in frequency, with perhaps BHX going in there, and the 3x weekly to go to GLS? EI still intend to announce 10 more routes for next summer, and perhaps if (big,big if) they manage to get aircraft I think it would be possible, and profitable.