PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius defies IFALPA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2005, 12:11
Chambudzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" I dont' think Speilberg would think it was believable.!"

This is all 'ops normal' at MK. It has been going on for years so why should there suddenly be a change. The Financial director was given 4 years prison only about 6 years ago and the then CEO/Chairman was caught with his fingers jammed in the till but other than a fuss in the papers nothing much came of it. As far as I know the Finance chief still hasnt served a day.
Someone earlier was talking up the good old days with Rancid apple but he was frankly no different to your present managers. He was the one who brought in Gulf air when there wernt enough MK pilots and paid them 70% more than the existing MK pilots.
Then there was the pilot Karl Donian death. Killed in very suspect circumstances and nicely swept under the table.
The rules in MK are written by whom ever is in charge and the Cap 371 or whatever number it is will be interpreted according to the needs of the company on the day.
I put money on it that VdJ will be replaced by someone equally harsh on staff and and staff salaries and in 10 years from now pilots/cabin crew will still be pulling their hair out. Best go down to the beach and enjoy your time while you are there or find another place to work. Trying to change things wont work, I know!!