PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Crew Pilot Licence (MCL)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2005, 08:51
RVR800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its on its way anyway

Anyway regardless of what we all think the MPL is happening and is seen as “The Future” for airline pilot training

Indeed JAA is making all efforts to facilitate it, by creating a regulatory framework in JAR-FCL and so there will be a Change to General Requirements, Instrument Rating, ATPL(A), Instructors, Examiners and Theoretical Knowledge Requirements and an Introduction of new Subpart K – Multi-Crew Pilot Licence in Lasors

I guess the cost of sims is less prohibitive now and more real than in the past. The technological divide between the traditional six-pack display single-crew type aeroplane and the glass display automated multicrew computerised systems that make up a larger and larger percentage of airliners has resulted in a change of philosophy by some who want people to be trained on the kit they will fly.

In short its a horses for courses thing - I guess its "evidence based" as well

Will self sponsored students bipass the traditional route by lobbing a low cost carrier some cash to train them on the job in the future?

Probably yes - could be a nice income stream ...

On the subject of NDBs - areent they being withdrawn in the US and I am aware that none precision approaches are being introduced using GPS - The technology is moving very fast in this area and even Joe Bloggs in the street can for a few quid buy a GPS device that navigates to within a few feet....It's altering perceptions..... The regulatory authorities are slow to grasp some technological nettles

Last edited by RVR800; 23rd Dec 2005 at 09:03.